Saturday, September 6, 2014

Let Go and See

We babysat our friends' little boys this morning and they fell in love with Miguel. They took a dinosaur on Noah's ark and sang "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" like dogs and cows.


The younger boy is about a year and a half old and he spent a long time rolling a little white car back and forth on the arm of the couch. Miguel kept trying to show him that if you pull the car back it will go by itself, but he would not let go of the car. Miguel got it away from him once and the boy cheered as he watched the car drive itself across the armrest. And then he clung to the car again, pushing Miguel away. I told Miguel, "I wonder if this is how God feels. He's trying to tell us, 'If you will just let go for a minute, I will show you something amazing.'" 

There is an incredible little mechanism inside of this car that makes it so much more exciting than it appears, but that sweet little boy wouldn't let go long enough to discover that. He was content just with what he could see and understand, and so he missed out. 

We all have things we're clinging to that are keeping us from seeing clearly. Can we just let go? Whatever it is, just let go. Selfishness. Pride. Busyness. Worry. Addiction. Doubt. Fear. Judgment. Control. Bitterness. Anger. What am I missing when I don't let go and give God the chance to show me that there is so much more inside of me than what I can see?




1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog post, Lisa! Thanks for sharing this great insight.

    ReplyDelete